Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Winekno Winekno is offline

Default Can't open an Excel document

Hello
I downloaded Open Office, and ran the spreadsheet application. I tried to open the file and got an error msg that said that it couldnt open it because it was an incorrect file format. This was very disappointing

I also tried to go back to Excel and do a file open, and clicking on the down arrow for repair file but I don't have that option. The down arrow only gives me the following choices: Open, Open Read only, Open cop

Any further suggestions on either of the above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.