Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default numbers in words indian number system

Happy New Year to you a;so (sorry, I couldn't work out your name from your
signature).

What you ask is best handled as a custom display format. Niek Otten posted
this solution a while back

FormatCellsNumberCustom In the Type box, enter:

###\,##\,###

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"gssreenivas" wrote in message
Hi

I am a new member and have joined the forum on the new year day. In the
first place I wish all the group memeber a very happy new year.

Can any one provide a vba code to convert numbers into words in indian
number system.

i would give an example for this

Rs 10,00,000 this is read as ten lakhs.

the logic in indian numbering system is that the position of comma is
first after three numbers from units place and for the next position it
is after two numbers. Unlike in English system the position of comma is
always after three numbers.

hope i shall be addressed

thanks
gssreenivas