Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default Text problems

in article , bambam77 at
wrote on 31/12/2003 12:23 PM:

I wrote a macro that takes information from a database, couts and sort

it,
and makes a pareto graph out of it. The program was working fin

until I made
the database read only. When the database is updated, th

macro opens it using
the writers password, updates the database, an

then does a save as. I click
yes to replace the old file with the sam

name.

Now when I try to run my macro, the formulas don't work for instance

have
=COUNTIF(A$2:A$374,"RM01") in one cell and it wont recognize th

text RM01
anymore. But get this, ith I highlight the text "RM01" in th

formula, it
works again. Can anyone help me and tell me what have

done? I need help in a
major way.

By the way, I'm new at VBA programmin

--
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com

I have run into this problem also. Even calculating the sheet will not make
it update. In my case, I am using names in my formulas and if I select the
cell and then click in the formula bar and then hit enter it will update.
The other method I used was to have code re-paste the formula every time a
row was added to my database.

Dave
--

Remove nospam