Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gabriel Matache Gabriel Matache is offline

Default excel for each ..next

Hi,

First of all, thank you all for the hints. I think I oversimplified my
problem when I asked for help.

In fact, I have a hierarchy in excel that looks like this
A B
C D
G H I

I have a hard time creating a sub that recognizes the relative position
of each member(child) in the structure. Ideally, each element should
state the descendency( in lack of a better word)in the tree. For
instance, each cell in my range (D for instance) should recognize that
it's 1_2_1 and H that it's 2_1. It's really like a tree..

One more precision, the elements are not related in any way other that
their relative position in the hierarchy.

Someone care to help
Gabriel