Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Display problems...

Suspect you have the sheet in View formulas mode. do Ctrl+tilde to toggle
it back to normal mode.

or with the sheet active, do Tools=Options=view page and uncheck Formulas.

Tom Ogilvy

"BWGames" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:53:58 +0000, in microsoft.public.excel.programming,
Steve Garman wrote:

BWGames wrote:
Hi,

This is perplexing me - I've got a sheet that when I set a cell to a
display format of..say Date, and enter 30/12/2003 (UK format), it

displays
ok in the formula bar, as the date, but in the cell it becomes 37985. I
thought it could be set to Number format, as opposed to Date, but it
definitely is set to Date.

If you format 30-Dec-2003 as number, the result is 37985

How are you checking that the cell is formatted as Date?

Have you tried formatting it as Date "again" ?

Yep, tried all that.

What I don't understand is that it only affects that *sheet*. Any other
sheet in that workbook is fine...

Tried formatting it as any type of date, still get the same. Any cell in
that sheet as far as I can see exhibits that.

I select the entire sheet, format cell, date, still no go...

http://www.bwgames.net/excel.JPG is an example. Its definitely formatted

as
Date, the 'format cell' shows it as date...
--
BWGames
to email change de.news to de-news