Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_12_] Patrick Molloy[_12_] is offline

Default compile error using Left() function

make sure that you have properly DIM'd the two variables:
DIM szTemp1 As String
DIM szTemp2 As String

Now sometimes this error is misleading - under
Tools/References check to see if there are any "missing"
references...sometimes code is compiled on one machine
then run on another which may not have a relevent dll or
ocx installed. This often causes an error to highlight a
command which is in fact nothing to do with the cause of
the error.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP