Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pre-numbered forms, I think its impossible, but...

Strider.
I will try your suggestion, much farther then I got. Only concern would be

increasing the number by one everytime it is opened. My miss a few along the
way if opened and not used.

You could accommodate this as if the workbook is not changed, when closed it
will not be saved, so that increment will not be saved. Problem is, that by
doing the increment in workbook open, the workbook is changed. However, this
can be handled by setting the workbook Saved property to true immediately
after the increment, Like this

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

With Worksheets(1).Range("A1")
If Len(.Value) = 0 Or Not IsNumeric(.Value) Then
.Value = 1000
Else
.Value = .Value + 1
End If