Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Strider[_2_] Strider[_2_] is offline

Default Pre-numbered forms, I think its impossible, but...

Well, sort of. Its a master spreadsheet, saved to a new file and then filled in. Trying to place a pre-set number on the Master that increases by one every time it is used, or prior to saving as another file. Needs to be numerical for tracking purposes. The working excel file gets deleted after a number of weeks and a hard copy of the used form, hopefully with the pre-set number on it, is saved.

I will try your suggestion, much farther then I got. Only concern would be increasing the number by one everytime it is opened. My miss a few along the way if opened and not used.

Thanks Bob