Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_8_] Nigel[_8_] is offline

Default Inserting Module into Workbook

Many thanks, templates seems to be the best route. I'm trying to set
something up now.

Cheers
Nigel

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You could export the module to a text file, then import it to the new

workbook
(or just keep the text file available all the time and just import it when

you
need it).

But even simpler may be to create a template file that contains all your

code
(and maybe all the formatting that you need).

Then just use that to create the summary workbook.

You could even just add a Open the template and move the worksheets to

that
template if you don't want to modify your existing code too much.

(And the nice thing about this is you can keep the template's project

locked so
no one can modify your code.)

Nigel wrote:

Hi,
I have an application that creates a summary workbook on the fly, every

time
the uses presses the 'summary build' button the workbook is overwritten.

I would like to be able to include in the summary workbook some macros

that
can be used in isolation of the application.

What is the best route to achieving this?

I had thought of creating the module in the application and somehow

copying
this into the summary workbook, but I am not sure what the code is to do
this.

TIA
Nigel

News==----

Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption =---

--

Dave Peterson