Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
COM COM is offline

Default Naming Chart

The only thing that I saw that was possible to name your chart, was.. After creating the chart, either programmatically with VBA, or by hand, that you went into the VBA editor and gave the chart object a name. Like the following

I created a chart on Sheet1
Then in the immediate window, I typed the following
Sheet1.ChartObject(1).Name = "ThisChart

Now, anytime I referenced Sheet1.ChartObject("ThisChart") I got the response(s) I expected when dealing with a Chart Object

Of course I would have to save the file for this renaming to remain, but that's up to you. :) I have no need for it

Does that make sense

If you created the chart using VBA code, you could or could have created the chart and given it a name at that time, and could continue to use that chart by name in the future.