Bob Phillips

Subject = Sheet1.Range("A1").Value & " - " &
Format(Sheet1.Range("B1").Value,"dd mmm yyyy")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"littlegreenmen1"
<littlegreenmen1.1qo86d_1118844311.6037@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:littlegreenmen1.1qo86d_1118844311.6037@excelf orum-nospam.com...

in cell A1 i have some text. in cell B1 i have a date. how do I get
Excel to display both the text and the date. I've tried:

Dim olDate As Range
Dim olText As Range
Set olDate = Sheet1.Cells.Item(1,"A")
Set olText = Sheet1.Cells.Item(1,"B")
Subject= olText +" - " + olDate

I was hoping to get something like "text - 6/9/05" in the subject bar,
but everytime I do this i get a run time error. i've tried replacing
the date with text and it works just fine, and i've also tried just the
date cell and it works fine. the problem comes up when i try and combine
the date and text. both

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

--
littlegreenmen1
littlegreenmen1's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379323