Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RWN RWN is offline

Default Compiling a macro as a .exe?

Not as smart as I thought I once was, but, no, I don't believe there's a
way to compile a VBA macro.

--
Regards;
Rob
"tehwa" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to format a file output by means of a macro,

but
I do not want to actually open Excel. Is this possible?

Ideally, I would like to run a command from my program that outputs an
xls fila nd runs the macro that formats the workbook, then continue to
import it in it's new formatting, without having to break and wait for
confirmation from the user.

1. Program outputs .xls file
2. Macro formats .xls file
3. Program imports .xls file
4. Further instruction...

Is it possible to take your Excel macro code and somehow compile it as
an executable file, that will run the macro without showing excel, or
even run a macro from the command line (eg.

c:\...\excel.exe -sheet.xls
-format.bas)?

Cheers,

tehwa