Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier[_5_] Jon Peltier[_5_] is offline

Default Installing Files

Dave -

Good suggestion. Why have I waited until now to get the Name Manager?
And the installation routine is pretty straightforward, and could be
adaptable to Todd's needs.

I was going to suggest the Package and Deployment Wizard, if Todd has
the Office 2000+ Developer's Edition or VB6, but that's overkill for
just installing a few files.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Dave Peterson wrote:

You may want to take a look at the way Jan Karel Pieterse did it with the
namemanager utility.

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/mvp

He has an installation workbook included in the zip file.

Todd Huttenstine wrote:

Hey guys,

I have some files that I would like to install in various
directorys and would like to somehow make a setup program
that will automatically install the files including the
program in a certain directory(which in turn will allow
the program to work). Is there a way I can create an
executable or another file that will perform this function?

thanx
Todd Huttenstine