Jon Peltier

Jeff -

What I thought is that maybe his contour chart might be somehow deconvoluted. If
it's constructed of shapes, you might be able to measure slopes by the closeness of
the lines. How did you want to color the chart region? Fernando's convex hulls
example draws shapes on the chart which could serve this purpose. This is further
outside of the Excel charting box than I usually venture, which is why I thought of
Fernando's stuff.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

JZip wrote:

Jon,
He certainly has some creative graphing ideas there. Unfortunately none ot
them relate to my problem. As for the contour graphs, they aren't necessary
since this data is from GIS maps that I have built.
Do you have any suggestions as to how to accomplish what I have in mind? I
have yet to try the other response i received here, but your techniques have
worked out so well for me in the past (especially the XY Scatter Area Chart -
thanks for that btw) that I thought you might have an idea as to how to
accompish what I have in mind.
If you like, I can send a copy of the pared down data of one of the charts.
Thx much.
Jeff

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Fernando Cinquegrani (http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html) has some very creative
charting utilities on his web site, including some contour charts. It's in Italian,
but you could translate the page using babelfish.com or one of the other services.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

JZip wrote:

I have created elevation profiles of state park trails that I have GPSed.
The X is distance in miles, the Y is elevation in feet, plotted on a scatter
chart (the locations of the GPS points is not uniform). I would like to show
the areas of the trail that exceed a particular slope in a different color.
I suspect I would have to create a new data series that includes just those
areas and then add it to the chart. How do I determine which areas meet the
criteria I set forth?