Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Determine if a cell has datavalidation

After putting brain in gear.. here's another solution:

Sub testit()
Dim blnHasValidation As Boolean

With ActiveSheet
blnHasValidation = Not
Intersect(.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidat ion), ActiveCell) Is
Nothing
End With

MsgBox blnHasValidation
End Sub

"Rob van Gelder" wrote in message
Sub testit()
Dim blnHasValidation As Boolean

On Error GoTo e
blnHasValidation = False
With ActiveCell.Validation: blnHasValidation = CBool(.Type = 0 Or

..Type
< 0): End With
e: On Error GoTo 0

MsgBox blnHasValidation
End Sub

"mohsinb" wrote in message

Is there anyway to determine if the cell has data validation defined ?.
Something similar to range.hasformula. I want to turn incelldropdown to
false if datavalidation is defined for the cell. I need this done to
prevent selection from the dropdown list of protected , locked cells
when the file has been opened in readonly.

Thank you.

---