Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew[_16_] Andrew[_16_] is offline

Default Reference oleobject within shape group

Stephen,

That's great. I've never found a use for the locals window before so
that was really interesting.

Cheers,
Andrew

Stephen Bullen wrote in message ...
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the help. When I run your suggestion I get an error though
("Obj doesn't support this method or property"). I wonder if I'm
stuck here because GroupItems seems to only return a shape object.
Let me know if you've got any other ideas though.

Sorry, I mistyped:

Dim oShp As Shape
Dim oSpn As msforms.SpinButton

Set oShp = ActiveSheet.Shapes(1)
Set oSpn = oShp.GroupItems(2).OLEFormat.Object.Object

The easiest way to work out the reference path is to put a breakpoint
after setting the shape object reference, then display the Locals window
in the IDE and expand out the oShp variable - examining each GroupItem,
OLEFormat and Object property until you find the one of Type
'Object/SpinButton'.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel