Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Batig Ray Batig is offline

Default Range Search

I have some data in the following format:

D E F G H I J K L .... more
9 a b f f f c c d f

I had some code that would search through the range and write the first
occurrence of the data into a new cell and then increment a cell to the
right. This all worked fine until I got a new set of data in which I had an
'a' in cell L9. So my output showed both a's. I really wanted only one
output of 'a' no matter how many times it showed up in any order.

How would you code a search routine for my new case?

Merry Christmas. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ray