Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mr. Clean[_2_] Mr. Clean[_2_] is offline

Default Help printing to PDF file

In article ,
says...
Hi Tom,

Yes--I tried these first, but the problem is in the
conversion process. I can say
PrToFileName="vendor222.pdf" but the conversion doesn't
take place--the extension is pdf but the file type is
still xls when you open the new file. I can set up the
program to do that and create 800 excel files comprised
only of the two report pages and I can set up a string to
give each file a unique name matching its vendor, but
when I try to convert the stack of excel files to PDF
from inside Adobe I'm back in the same mess. When Adobe
starts the conversion process for a given file, it opens
Excel and you're eventually greated with the same "Save
PDF File As" dialog box with the default name written in
as "vendor222.pdf" and no way of pushing it through other
than clicking the "OK" button. It's the dialog box from
hell, because Excel produces it but doesn't seem to know
it exists when it comes to macro commands. Following the
MS naming conventions, I tried calling it "SavePDFFileAs"
in macro, but the VBA doesn't recognize it. Other ideas?

Karl

You are going to need a PDF print driver, such as PDFPrinter, or Acrobat
Distiller to accomplish this. There are some ActiveX libraries out
there that will interact with VBA. Look at
www.pdfstore.com. Search the
devlopment tools section.