JMB

Although I could not tell you what it is, I would bet there is an upper limit
on the number of characters you can put in a cell. There has to be some
hardware limitations.

I don't understand the advantage of putting all of your data into a single
cell. It doesn't sound like a spreadsheet app is what you need.

"R Smith" wrote:

when importing data into worksheet it puts al the info in multiple cells
instead of one single cell. Expample i have a file that has a 672 lines with
data and if i try to add it in one single cell nothing happens. if i import
the data from a file to worksheet in imports it ok but add it to 672 cells
instead of one cell.

"JMB" wrote:

try importing the data.

click Data/Get External Data/Import Text File

this will open the import wizard. step through it and select the options
you need.

"R Smith" wrote:

i have a worksheet when copying info from a text file and pasting to the
spreadsheet the info is not transferred. The file is 2740 lines with 221940
characters. What is the limintation on characters for a cell and can you
extend the limitation to accomadate this info for a cell.