Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Passing Selected Sheets' Names to a Macro

Looks like Sparky ripped off John Walkenbach without providing credit: So
sad.

Tom Ogilvy

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I found this in the archives. You can modify to suit.
http://tinyurl.com/3fomx

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"John Tjia" wrote in message
om...
I want to write a print macro that will print sheets based on a
selection of sheets that the user makes. To make things
user-friendly, I want the process to be: 1) user highlights one or
more sheets from the workbook, 2) user presses Ctrl+Shift+P to launch
a print macro and 3) the printing starts. This is easy enough to use:

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut

But I need to do things on the selected sheets first, such as doing a
Data AutoFilter to hide rows on the sheets, so I need to go to each
one of the selected sheets (let's say they are Sheet1, Sheet4 and
Sheet5) and do the Autofilter on each sheet before printing them out
(Autofilter does not work across grouped sheets). So my problem is:
how do I get the information on the selected sheets' names to that I
can go to each one of them and do Autofilter steps?

I'd also still like to be able to print them out as a group so that
the pagination numbering also works.

I've been scratching my head on this! Can this be done? Any help
would be appreciated.