Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jag Man Jag Man is offline

Default Programming help

I recommend that you got a good book on Excel/ VBA as a starting point. I
am using "Excel 2000 VBA" by John Green. Not bad, if you have some
programming background.
After puzzling around with it a bit, you will be able to formulate questions
that allow more concise answers.

Ed

I'm fairly new to Excel and VBA.

Here is the situation:

1. I have a spreadsheet containing the symbols for the S&P500 index in
A2:A501.

2. I can download data for a single symbol using the yahoo website:

http://chart.yahoo.com/d?a=9&b=1&c=2...&f=2004&g=d&s=

which will give me a link at the bottom of the page to download 200
days of data in .CSV format.

3. I need to collect the data for all of the 500 symbols and save them
to a /DATA driectory as *.csv

4. I need to be able to do daily updates

5. I need to be able to automate this whole process

Any help appreciated