Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Setting Conditional Formulas

if you want to do something like this in a worksheet

assume A1:A4 have 0 or 1
assume B1:B4 have numeric entries

=sumproduct(A1:A4,B1:B4)

Tom Ogilvy

Wstohler wrote in message
I have 4 variables with value of either 0 or 1 - Var1, Var2, Var3, Var4
I have 4 cells that correspond to those variables - "Cell1", "Cell2",

"Cell3", "Cell4"
And I have a total cell - "Total"

I am trying to set the formula of "Total" to add all cells that the

variable is 1.

e.g. If Var1, Var3 and Var4 are equal to 1 then
Range("Total").Value = "=Cell1+Cell3+Cell4"

But I don't know how to work the IF statement into setting the formula.
Any Ideas? (Besides writing a whole lot of nested IF statements)

Thanks,
Wes