Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Quandan - Marcel Kreijne Quandan - Marcel Kreijne is offline

Default Excel Crash only if VBA not open

Philippon,

I'm a little puzzled on the crashes, but for the macro's to show up in the
macro box
it needs to match these criteria:

- The add-in containing the macro is opened.
- The macro is not a labelled Privat.
- The macro is not a Function.
- The macro does not have any arguments. So the macro is called like Sub
JCFshow(), without anything between the brackets.

Kind regards,

Marcel Kreijne
Quandan - Steunpunt voor spreadsheetgebruikers
(Quandan - dutch supportsite for spreadsheetusers)
www.quandan.nl

"Philippon" schreef in bericht
Hi
I use Excel 97.

When I try to run a macro located in my Add-In without opening VBA,
Excel crashes. However, if I open VBA and close it, then the macro
works perfectly.

The same kind of crash occurs if I open the Macro list and strike the
first 3 letters of my macro. My add-in is called JCF_2_2, my macro is
called JCFshowlookup, so when I strike just JCF, I have a crash. I have
to say that the maccros I have in the add-in are not listed in the
macro box.

Is there any declaration of macro, add-in that could be missing and
that would explain why the macros are not in the list and why when I
open VBA, the crash does not occur ?

Many thanks and Happy Christmas to all...
Pierre
PS: as you may have noticed, I am a beginner with Add-Ins

---