Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default File Path Problem

Hi Todd,

Something like this should work for you:

Sub demo()
Dim sDir As String

sDir = GetDirectory
If Right$(sDir, 1) = Application.PathSeparator Then _
sDir = Left$(sDir, Len(sDir) - 1)

TextBox6.Text = sDir & "\My Stats.xls"

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Todd Huttenstine wrote:
Below is a code that attaches "\My Stats.xls" to the end
of values in textbox6. It works fine, accept when a user
selects only a drive and then clicks OK. For example, if
I were to select the C drive it puts 2 // in front and
this makes the path invalid(C:\\My Stats.xls), however it
works fine if I select a drive and then a folder.

TextBox6.Value = GetDirectory & "\My Stats.xls"

How should I fix this?
Thank you

Todd Huttenstine