Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
COM COM is offline

Default Extend Excels range

Excel has a limit of 256 columns, but for rows it is only
limited by the amount of hard drive space that you have.
Robert was speculating that you are trying to use a column
for each day of the year, therefore needing 365 columns
(Though don't forget that in 2004, there are 366 days,
it's a leap year) if in fact you are trying to get enough
columns to equal a day.

So, the question he was asking, was do you currently have
more than 256 rows, or expect more rows than that, and
could you transpose your data, doing something like the
following:

Original data

A B C D
1 2 3 4
2 3 4 5

Look like this
A 1 2
B 2 3
C 3 4
D 4 5

If you currently have less than and expect to always have
less than 256 rows then you could do the transpose and get
all of your data in one workbook. Otherwise you may have
to span the data over multiple workbooks, which in itself
can get tricky... If you edit code in one of the
workbooks, you have to make the same edit in the other(s).