Bernard Liengme

Hi Susan,
When I draw a line on a chart I do this:
1) Click chart to activate it
2) Click and use Drawing tool
If step 1 is omitted, the chart and the line are not grouped. Move one and
the other stays unmoved.
If you need to group existing items click the line (you may need first to
right click and use Bring to Front, hold CTRL and click the chart; right
click inside chart and use Group.

How this is of some help

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Susan Lambert" wrote in message
I am running Excel 2003, SP1 on a Windows XP computer. I have recently
started having problems drawing lines on charts using the drawing tool. I
used to be able to draw a line on a chart and it would print out in that
location. Now if I put a line on a chart, it prints about 1/4" above where
I want it to go. I have to then move the line to a lower location to match
the print preview to get it to print out correctly. Has anyone experienced
this problem and if so, is there a setting or solution. I've tried letting
Excel create the chart, putting in the line and then previewing for
printing at 100%. I've also tried setting the print area around the chart
to lock the chart into an area and then previewing. Neither one solves the
problem.

I can't help but think there is a setting off because I used to be able to
do this and the screen view and print view were the same.