Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew[_16_] Andrew[_16_] is offline

Default Reference oleobject within shape group

I have a group of shapes which includes an MSForms.SpinButton. I can
reference this using the following:

Dim sh As Shape
Set sh = Sheets("Overview").Shapes("Group 447").GroupItems(2)
Debug.Print sh.Name

However, I want to set the reference to the OLE object not just the
shape (so that I can use WithEvents to trap the change event). Is
there a simple way to do this? Something like:

Dim sh as MSForms.Spinbutton (OR OLEObject)
Set sh = Sheets("Overview").Shapes("Group 447").GroupItems(2)

So far the best I can do is to ungroup the shapes, set the reference
and then re-group them. It works but it seems like there should be a
neater way.

Thanks a lot,
Andrew