Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default spinbutton.enabled = false not greying out

Hi RB:

Will this work?:

ctl.ForeColor = vbButtonShadow
ctl.Enabled = False

Kludgy, but I can'tr think of anything else.

Regards,

Vasant.

"RB Smissaert" wrote in message
Using Excel 2003.
Have a Userform with many controls.
When doing enabled = false for all commandbuttons and spinbuttons, the
command buttons get greyed out, but the spinbuttons are not.
The code is like this:

Sub DisableAllControls()

Dim ctl As MSForms.Control

For Each ctl In MainForm.Controls
If TypeOf ctl Is MSForms.CommandButton Or _
TypeOf ctl Is MSForms.SpinButton Then
ctl.Enabled = False
End If
Next

End Sub

But even when I just set one individual spinner the result is the same.

They are actually disabled, but they just keep showing as normal. I have
tried to correct this with DoEvents and Userform.Repaint and using the

Sleep
API function, but to no avail.
I presume I am getting to the limits of what a userform can hold and it is
starting to cause problems. On the other hand the whole file, a xla file

is
not that big, only 1.65 Mb.
Would there be any solution for this other than doing Visible = False?
Thanks for any advice.

RBS