Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default commandbar with own textfield for datetime input ??

Give it a caption so you can refer to it.

Sub AddEditControl()
On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars("mycommandbar") _
.Controls("MyEditBox").Delete
On Error GoTo 0
With Application.CommandBars("mycommandbar") _
.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlEdit)
.Caption = "MyEditBox"
.OnAction = "EditBox_click"
End With

End Sub

Sub EditBox_Click()
With Application.CommandBars("mycommandbar") _
.Controls("MyEditBox")
MsgBox .Text
End With

Tom Ogilvy

Frank Huebener wrote in message

is it possible to create an texfield in a commandbar and use it for my own
userinput (for example time input ?)

Application.CommandBars("mycommandbar").Controls.A dd Type:=msoControlEdit

the command above is no problem i see an empty textfield in my commandbar
but how can i use it
in my excel macro ? i need it for date time input.

thanks for evry help

bye
frank