Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark R[_3_] Mark R[_3_] is offline

Default Pivot Table question

As the last step in a series of macros, I created three pivot tables to
summarize my data. The macros were recorded. When I run the macros, I get
the error:

Run-time error '1004':

Application-defined or object-defined error

When I go to the debugger, the instruction:

ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatab ase, SourceData:= _
"'12-21-2003'!R1C1:R90C12").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:= _
"'[Production.xls]12-21-2003'!R2C23", TableName:="PivotTable3", _
DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion10

is highlighted. I assume the problem is that when I recorded the macro the
active sheet was named "12-21-03", and the data was in the range
R1C1:R90C12. However, that is not the name of the sheet now, and the number
of rows in the data range will vary.

If this is indeed the problem, could someone give me the syntax to change
this instruction to refer to the current active sheet and the current active
range (it won't necessarliy be R1C1:R90C12) of my data. (the data I want for
the pivot table will always start at R1C1, but will end at RxC12 where x is
the number or rows, which will be different each time I run this).

The name of the workbook will always be Production.xls.

If there are other problems besides these references, any hint of where to
go to solve them would be appreciated.

Again, thanks in advance.