Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt[_21_] Matt[_21_] is offline

Default Slow Looping

Could someone tell me how to compare one worksheet with another. I'm using
looping but this is just too slow. Could someone tell me how to compare one
sheet with another and drop matching reference numbers beside each matching
number as in the below code. I'm thinking maybe using the Find method would
be faster but am not sure how to use it even after looking at the help..
There is 12,000 rows on the first sheet and 35,000 on the second. Any help
would be much appreciated.

Sub MatchUp()

Dim wss As Object
Dim wsc As Object
Dim T, I
Set wss = Worksheets("Supplers")
Set wsc = Worksheets("11360")

I = 6
Do While wsc.Cells(I, 1) < "END"
T = 6
Do While wss.Cells(T, 1) < "END"
If -wsc.Cells(I, 7) = wss.Cells(T, 5) And wsc.Cells(I, 3) = wss.Cells(T, 3)
And wsc.Cells(I, 8) = "" Then
wsc.Cells(I, 8) = I
wss.Cells(T, 6) = I
End If