Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default ListBox Question

when you enter a value from Listbox1, it causes the workbook to be
recalculated. Since this changes the list for Listbox2 (the now() function,
used as the rowsource for the listbox, is volatile - so the cells that form
the source for the list are
recalculated - and even though their values do not actually change), this
causes the selection in Listbox2 to be cleared. So when you go to put it in
the cell - the value is "" or blank. I put in code to turn calculation to
Manual above where you write the values to the cell and at the end of the
routine, I set
it back to whatever the original setting was. This solves the problem.

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy wrote in message
There should be no difference with a userform. If you want to send me the
workbook I will take a look at it and see if I can figure out what the
problem is.

Tom Ogilvy

Randal W. Hozeski wrote in message
Tom:
Thanks, I re-created this on a worksheet as well and it did work fine.
How you though created the same from a userform? I follow the exact
same logic and formats withing the userform and the destination cell
that the result is suppose to be, still ends up blank.

I noticed that the Listbox properties show the dates numeric value, but
even that does not make it thru.

I am willing to try a SpinButton with the dates as a workaround, but
would need some assistance with that.

Still hammering on it. -Randy-

.

*** Sent via Developersdex