QC Coug

Try using Data-Group and Outline-Group.

If you select the rows you want to be able to hide or unhide just select the
rows or columns and then group them. You will then have little buttons in
the upper left corner with 1, 2, etc. that will allow you to open all of them
at once. Hope this is what you were looking for.

"dstock" wrote:

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if excel can do this or not. What I
want is basically to expand and contract cells. So first there will be
one row, and then hit something or somehow make it show more cells. I
know I can lock cells and split both ways. I've attached an example
that will show exactly what I mean. Thanks.

|Filename: excelforum example3.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3499 |

dstock
dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24225