Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
onedaywhen onedaywhen is offline

Default Directory browser in Excel VB

Database *file* suggests MS Access. If so, try this function:

Private Function GetJetDBName() As String
' Returns path & filename of user-selected Jet file
Dim vntFullFileName As Variant
Const WILDCARD_MSACCESS As String = "MS Access Databases (*.mdb), *.mdb"
Const TITLE As String = "Choose a Jet database file"
vntFullFileName = Excel.Application.GetOpenFilename(WILDCARD_MSACCES S, 1, TITLE)
If vntFullFileName = False Then
Exit Function
End If
GetJetDBName = CStr(vntFullFileName)
End Function

--

"Mike Fogleman" wrote in message ...
I have an Excel workbook that consist of 3 sheets of forms to fill out.
These forms must be updated quarterly. I am going to use a database query to
pull the info needed into the workbook. The problem is for the user to
select the correct system and quarter for the query to update the forms.
The question is can I use VB to open the file directory browser and use his
selection to drive which database file to query? If so, what code is used to
accomplish this?