Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
onedaywhen onedaywhen is offline

Default Querying a database for values in each row

Dick,
You cannot query a recordset as if it were a table, so no, you have to
do the join in either Oracle or Excel (or use ODBC pass through e.g.
linked tables in MS Access). And to get the Oracel table into Excel
you should be able to use Jet's SELECT..INTO syntax to import the data
direct (not using a recorset = faster) but I haven't tested this for
Oracle.

--

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message ...
Interesting, thanks.

Can I use the recordset from Oracle in a left join without putting it on a
sheet, thereby eliminating the need to create a new sheet?

If I do create a new sheet with the Oracle rs, why not use array formulae to
pull the information over - too slow? I'm going to test this one myself, but
if you know the answer, I'll take it.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel