Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Downing Nigel Downing is offline

Default Macro Runs if Template name is .....

Thanks for the help but I need this explained more.
Do I make a vba module in the template file and in that define a

public sub () Workbook_Open
'macro call goes here
' ..........
End Sub

?

Nigel
(still on Excel 97)

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
Put the macro in the Workbook_Open event of the template.

--

Vasant

"Nigel Downing" wrote in message
How can I automatically run a VBA macro based on the name of the

template
the workbook was made from?
ie my template name is "bracing.xlt"
and I want all documents based on this to auto run a macro on opening.
(The macro will be used to load certain toolbars which are relevant to

only
these workbooks.
I can run it manually but I want to automate it)

Thanks in advance