Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Prevent Locked for Editing on a network

Is the file set as readonly when you look at its properties in Windows
explorer. If not, try setting it to read only.

Tom Ogilvy

"bat_man2282" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I have read quite a few posts regarding the "Locked for Editing by user
' ' " issue, but I have a slightly different problem. We are using a
custom designed template which multiple users can access at once. No
user can change the template, but multiple users can change the data in
the database (and thereby have the template open at the same time).
However, about a week ago we started getting an error message when more
than one person is trying to access the template. We need to allow
mutiple people to have access at the same time. Does anyone have any
idea why we are seein this issue all of the sudden... is it a server
issue... and is there away to code around it? Any help would be
greatly appriciated.

Cheers,
Dave

---