Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Macro Ceiling & Floor Calculation Problem...

Hi Kevin,

How are your variables declared? It may be that you've declared them as
Integer or Long when they should be declared as Single or Double.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Kevin Lyons wrote:
Hello,

The following macro calculations are not acting as I expect them to
for a select group of numbers:

fullRange = finishRange - startRange
actName = Application.Ceiling(fullRange / 3, 1)
diffName = (fullRange - actName) / 2
ceilName = Application.Ceiling(diffName, 1)
floorName = Application.Floor(diffName, 1)

Given fullRange = 2 then actName = 1, but diffName = 0, ceilName = 0,
& floorName = 0
Shouldn't diffName = .5, ceilName = 1, and floorName = 0?

Similarly, Given fullRange = 5 then actName = 2, but diffName = 2,
ceilName = 2, & floorName = 2
Shouldn't diffName = 1.5, ceilName = 2, and floorName = 1?

From 1 to 10, the other numbers appear to function correctly. There
might be even others where this doesn't work, but I haven't checked
yet.

Thanks much for any help.

Kevin