Damon Longworth

You have found another reason to avoid merged cells. "Center across columns"
will give you the same effect in most cases without the baggage. I have
removed merged cells from any file I use.

"Mike M" wrote:

I want to apply conditional formatting on approximately 20 conditions. I
downloaded the xlDynamic Add-IN, which is exactly what i want to do, but it
doesn't seem to work with megred cells. When I apply conditional formats to
merged cells, it un-merges them and re-merging them doesn't work either. I
want to apply this to multiple ranges within a worksheet (to a total of about
3000 merged cells within a worksheet). I'm not very familiar with worksheet
code and from what I've read in other postings, that looks a little
complicated for multiple ranges with this many conditions. I basically just
want to change the fill color of the cell based on an input number of 1
through 20. I am running Excel 2003 and XP Pro. Thanks