Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales K Dales is offline

Default Directory browser in Excel VB

-----Original Message-----
I have an Excel workbook that consist of 3 sheets of

forms to fill out.
These forms must be updated quarterly. I am going to use

a database query to
pull the info needed into the workbook. The problem is

for the user to
select the correct system and quarter for the query to

update the forms.
The question is can I use VB to open the file directory

browser and use his
selection to drive which database file to query? If so,

what code is used to
accomplish this?

.

Yes - the Excel File Open dialog box can be activated
through VB:

FileToOpen = Application.GetOpenFileName ([File Filter],
[FilterIndex],[Title],[ButtonText],[MultiSelect])

FileToOpen will have the path to the selected file. The
parameters let you choose file extensions to show, etc.

(search the MSDN library for more info)