Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Excel Basic

Ganesan,

Declare the application variable...
Dim ObjExcel as Excel.Application
Insert the missing comma...
Set ObjExcel = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")

Regards,

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
'*******************
"Ganesan Thirumavalavan" wrote in message ...
Dear Experts,
I have problem in the excel visual basic when I €˜Add workbooks it will show error €˜-2147023067 with description €˜Automation Error. This error occurred in few
Dim ExcelWorkbook As Excel.Workbook
Dim ExcelSheet As Excel.Worksheet
Set ObjExcel = GetObject("Excel.Application")
If ObjExcel Is Nothing Then
Set ObjExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
End If
If ObjExcel Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "You must have Microsoft Excel 97 or 2000 loaded on this machine to use this sample", vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "Error"
Exit Function
End If
Set ExcelWorkbook = ObjExcel.Workbooks.Add 'error occured here
Set ExcelSheet = ExcelWorkbook.Worksheets(1)
ObjExcel.Visible = True
ExcelSheet.Visible = xlSheetVisible
ExcelSheet.Cells.Font.Name = "Arial"
ExcelSheet.Cells(1 + j).ColumnWidth = 3 'Line Number
ExcelSheet.Cells(2 + j).ColumnWidth = 7 'Model Number
I would appreciate if I get the guidance .
Thanks and Regards with
Ganesan Thirumavalavan.