akbreezo

Default Need help looking up value based on criteria

Hi all,
Hopefully I can explain this well enough to get some help. I have a
dataset of whale dive data that contains four columns. The first
column is time of day, the second is depth, and the third and fourth
are latitutiude and longitude. I am trying to look up the time of day
when a certain depth is first reached and when it is last reached.
Essentially I want to determine when a whale has reached it's maximum
dive depth and when it begins to surface. Is this making sense?
Here is an example (lat and long are no important, so I've left them
out:
12:01 20
12:02 30
12:03 40
12:04 45
12:05 46
12:06 40
12:07 39
12:08 30
So, in this case, I would want a formula (or two) that would tell me
the whale reached 40 at 12:03 and did not go shallower than that until
12:07. Get it?
HELP!!!

--
akbreezo