Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ErinGertz ErinGertz is offline

Default using vlookup, but error #N/A

Hi

I'm trying to type in a social security number and then write a vlookup formula for the next cell so it pulls up the patient's last name. The worksheet I need to pull the info from is called PATIENTS. That sheet is set up so that the first column has the social, then 2nd column is another identifying #, then the 3rd column is the patient's last name. The first box that I type in the social security number in the current worksheet is A5. This is the formula I've written:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A5,PATIENTS!$A$2:$A$2070,FALSE)),VL OOKUP(A5,PATIENTS!$A$2:$M$2070,3,FALSE)

But I keep getting the error message #N/A

Please help!