Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Felipe[_2_] Felipe[_2_] is offline

Default Macro to insert hyperlinks

Hi all,

I have a list of file names (including their location and
type of file) in a column in excel. This workbook is
supposed to work as an index for the contents of all files
in it's folder and subfolders

What I want to do is to automatically create hyperlinks to
all files, doing this manually would take a lot of time,
there are more than 1000 files.

I wrote the following code, but the hyperlinks it creates
don't work:

Sub File_hyperlink()
Dim i As Integer
Dim myRange As Range

Set myRange = Selection

With myRange
For i = 1 To .Rows.Count
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection,
Address:=ActiveCell.Value
Next i
End With
End Sub

I have two doubts:
1. What should I be including in the cells in order to
produce correct links? currently the cells' content looks
like:
Subfolder1\Subfolder2\Filename.xls
2. If this content is Ok, what should the code be?
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Felipe