Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extract row based on a criteria

You may want to run a macro whenever you need the extraction.

Debra Dalgleish's has some code that does this kind of thing:

There are a couple of files you may want to steal from:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

Mah wrote:

Thank you Dave & John for your suggestions on using Filter.
However what I'm looking for is something that could create the subset
list automatically based on an Item value (say 20). Then I could just
change the Item value to get any subset list.

Dave Peterson wrote in message ...
I'd just select the range and do Data|filter|Autofilter

then show the items you want
(and copy them to a new sheet if really necessary)

--

Dave Peterson