Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Merkling, Steven Merkling, Steven is offline

Default ADO and Checkboxes

I am connecting to an Access Database with ADO

I have a small issue when trying to set the value of a checkbox on a form

ADO returns True and False from the database
The checkbox wants vbChecked and vbUnchecked

The True keyword has a value equal to -1.

The False keyword has a value equal to 0.

The vbChecked keyword has a value equal to 1.

The vbUnchecked keyword has a value equal to 0.

I created my own function that is listed bellow but I was wondering

1) Is there a built in function that converts these?

2) Is there a setting either in the database or on my checkbox that I can make the checkbox and ADO field compatible?

3) Looking at it I could just multiply it by -1 and it would come out too. Is this a valid solution?

Private Function CheckBoxValueFromBoolean(ValueToConvert As Boolean) As Integer
'Translate ValueToConvert
If ValueToConvert = True Then
CheckBoxValueFromBoolean = vbChecked
Else