Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Symes Mark Symes is offline

Default Add In Locations

Hi

I have an add-in which sets up a couple of menue items on
install. On removal it removes those buttons.

Up until now this has been installed on user PCs in their
profile add-in folder. I have now decided to keep the add-
in on the Network and have all users reach it there. If I
remove the add-in from excel and from their profile add-in
folder and then re-install it (browsing from the add-in
dialog and selecting the "Do not copy to profile" option)
I would expecti this to work.

However, although just after install the Add-In's FullPath
property is showing the network location, if Excel is shut
down and opened again, it reports that it is unable to
find the add-in in the profile, and the FullPath property
has reverted to the profile location. Pressing the menu
button for the add in function result in the add-in
launching from the network - including a Macro Virus alert
dialog box.

Can anybody tell me how to point Excel permanantly at the
network for the add-in location?

Thanks in advance

Mark