Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Help saving a select to a text file

Just to be sure, change
Workbooks.Add

Workbooks.Add Template:=xlWBATWorksheet

to make sure you create a single sheet workbook.

Tom Ogilvy

"msnews.microsoft.com" wrote in message
Thanks Tom.

Using your code, I am able to create the file, but there is nothing in it.

I have data in A1, but it doesn't get copied to the new worksheet.

Any ideas?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
In code: create a new workbook, copy the range to the new workbook,

saveas
text file.

Dim rng as Range
set rng = Range("A1").CurrentRegion
Workbooks.Add
rng.copy Destination:=Activesheet.Range("A1")
Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\data\mytext.csv, _
Fileformat:=xlCSV
Activeworkbook.close Savechanges:=False

Tom Ogilvy

msnews.microsoft.com wrote in message
How do I programmatically extract data from a worksheet (a range, not

the
entire sheet) to a text file?

What I am doing now is selecting the data I want with my mouse and

copying
it. I then paste it to notepad and save it. I would like to do this
automatically from an external script, preferably VBScript.

Thanks in advance.