Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier[_4_] Jon Peltier[_4_] is offline

Default Chart.Export creates zero byte GIF and hangs on server

Just a thought, could you export the chart locally, then copy it to the
server?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

AB wrote:

[note: I posted this on excel.interopoledde, then noticed
that this group seems to be where all the action is.
Sorry for the double post.]

Doing Excel interop in C# ASP.Net. The following line
works fine on several PCs, but not on the production
environment:

MyChart.Chart.Export(myFileName, null, null);

This creates a GIF image of the chart, except on the
server where a zero length GIF file is created and the
ASP.Net app basically hangs up.

Does anyone have any ideas why this straight forward piece
of code would not work? One more piece of info... I am
able to successfuly save the worksheet into the same
folder on the web site.

Thanks,

AB