Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Paul is offline

Default Basic Stuff.

"Tim Coddington" wrote in
:

Woah. Didn't recognize the situation hear. I was one who was
assuming too much. This tidbit may help then.
Do you realize that VBA help isn't loaded by default when Excel
is installed? Unless you did, try re-installing Excel. Do NOT use
the default package. Instead, painstakingly go through all the
installation options, and be certain to check all things having to do
with VBA. I don't know why Microsoft is being so rediculous as
to not have this loaded by default.

Even when the VBA help is there it doesn't show up in the index or in the
text search. In my opinion the answer wizard is absolutely useless, as it
stands you want to search for a keyword in the help and you can't because
the answer wizard doesn't know it, whereas the good old text search would
have found it.

Compare with the HTML help system that came with Visual studio that
builds the index and contents on the fly by checking the .chm files in
the directory. If the directory contents change, then so does the index.
It is hugely useful to be able to step forward and back ... when I read a
book I don't have to go back to the contents page before moving on to the
next or previous page, nor do I have to guess words out of the index to
find the next page.

Paul